Chuck Penner founded LeftField Commodity Research in 2010. He has spent nearly 30 years working in the Canadian grain industry, including:
- Five years as Senior Consultant in the Canadian office of Informa Economics
- One year as the Director of Marketing Strategy for Blacksheep Strategy
- Fifteen years in various roles at United Grain Growers and Agricore United
- Shorter stints at Pioneer Grain and the Canadian Wheat Board
- A few years trying his hand at farming in the late 1980s
- A farmhand, landscaper, waiter, busboy and camp counselor (and probably a few jobs he has forgotten about)
Chuck has an Agribusiness Diploma and a B.Sc. Degree in Agricultural Economics from the University of Manitoba. He also has a Diploma in Biblical Studies from Winkler Bible Institute.
Is there anybody else out in LeftField? Chuck’s wife Marlene provides support services to the business. We also have a network of contacts and experts to lean on when additional know-how is needed.